Friday, July 22, 2011

Patience, Victoria, Patience....

A few months ago, I interviewed for a leadership training program with my job.  My MBA is teaching me how to be an effective leader...sort of. I'll have the piece of paper but that piece of paper does not teach me how to handle different personalities. Within the state government, those personalities can sometimes be brutal, mean, and just down right un-happy.  I work in the Baltimore office. Specifically, there were 14 people (so the rumor goes) that applied from my office alone and only 4 people were selected.  Everyone is telling me that "of course you got in".  Really? I thought "of course I got invited the OMS OA" too. No dice.  Yes, it de ja vu all over again.   My name is Victoria, and I am impatient. It's a problem, I know.  I'm working on it. I'm promise.  Wait, there was a point to this....Oh yeah!  A woman who got into the program in Annapolis was told that she couldn't take her vacation to Florida. *crickets*  Uhhh, I'm going to Bermuda for a week next year and Africa next December for a month. How is that supposed to work? 

Me thinks meh may have a problem ...

In other news of the day.... in 2 weeks, I will officially be in Jamaica. Excited!!!  I've decided I'm getting a deep cleansing facial and a deep tissue massage while I'm there  I want to go to sleep just thinking about it. 

Everyone in my blog world have a wonderful weekend...wherever you are!

No comments:

Post a Comment