Thursday, August 25, 2011

FSWE to take or not?

I don't know.  I am struggling with the decision. I'm actually struggling with a lot of decisions lately.  I have sooo much going on.  First, there is school.  I'm so incredibly tired of talking about school. Week 1 of my new class started to day; it's called International Management.  My professor, Dr. A, knows I want to go into the FS. He speaks 7 languages and lived in Israel for a long, long time.  We bonded! It was great! I will be finished my program officially in November, November 8 to be exact.  I now have the option of pursuing a dual concentration. I would pick management.  Do I want to do that though? It's 2 class or 10 weeks which would put me at a graduation date of February 2013.  I'm on the fence really. I'm so over school, like completely but I feel like another concentration will give me a leg up with the competition.

As far as the FSWE, the second stab, it's coming up soon in October. I'm completely unprepared for it. So I feel like I shouldn't squander my chances by taking and hoping for the best rather than waiting until the beginning of next year when I have time to study and practice my writing.  I want to take it and pass it on the 2nd go round at least to try to get to the QEP.  Decisions.  I wish my life would calm down a bit so I can focus on one thing.

In other news, I went to Jamaica with my good friend Kelly.  I won't say it was a disaster but it could've been better.  We had two very different vacations.  She found friends and partied. I, on the other hand, relaxed by the pool and the beach, had massages, and slept.  I was in heaven. She says she had a good time so I will take her at her word.  She met a boy there. They talk. She's going back for a week during Thanksgiving. Maybe they will get married.  Who knows.  When they say weed is readily available in Jamaica, they are correct. It's right there on the beach for the taking.  I did not partake but I could smell it when someone else was though.  It's a horrible smell, I don't know how people do it. Nasy, as my grandma would say!

Up next for me, Africa!!  Yay!  The boyfriend is taking me...well almost boyfriend. Everyone says he is but 1. he hasn't officially asked me yet (check yes if you like me) and 2. there are things that need to happen first. But I'm just saying he's taking me to Africa!  We are going for 3 weeks to Capetown, Tanzania, and Zanzibar ...in that order.  I am so excited!  I'm going on a safari! We're going to see animals in the wild and hopefully the great wildebeest migration. Best of all, the Masai people!  I wouldn't want to experience it with anyone but him.  It will also be interesting because he's never traveled outside of Europe before.  That's going to be an experience in itself.  Africa 2012 baby!

Oooh in other news...the earthquake on the East Coast.  Talk about major!  At the state complex in downtown Baltimore, I'm on the 4th floor. I was just complaining about the fact that I spilled my soda and then the shaking started. I thought it was the wind at first and then it stopped. And then the building started swaying.  Yes, that right. I said swaying and then the shaking started again. And then rumbling started.  There was rumbling.  I can only describe it as when a dog or cat is growling and you can feel the vibration.  We had an earthquake! Stupid tectonic plates!  So we're supposed to have aftershocks for a couple of weeks.  It's the weirdest thing to experience an earthquake. It takes a minute for your brain to realize what's going on. Thank God no one was injured.   Then, this weekend we have hurricane Irene.  We have all of the supplies we need. We can prepare for a hurricane. I'm comfy with it, an earthquake not so much.  Such is life though, and nature.

I'm going to bed now.  I was supposed to do a paper for my class but I don't want to, so I won't.  I'm going to be in so much trouble from the almost boyfriend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment