Monday, August 29, 2011

Babies, hurricaines, and tests

My best friend really wants to get pregnant again.  She has Mandolin Grace who is awesome, but she wants more babies. She's been having lots of trouble/infertility so she's turned to Shady Grove. Apparently, Shady Grove is the mother of all clinics where the celebrities go. Her aunt works there and she said the young ones swoop in and freeze their eggs. They are so focused on their careers and becoming A-listers that they freeze their eggs so when they are ready the can do a little something something and then BAM...baby!  I find information like that to be completely fascinating. I just want to pick their brains. I'm such a nerd! Anyhow, I digress. So she's going through fertility treatment  and she's not doing IVF she's doing something else where they give her this medicine that releases a 50 eggs, they have sex, and then hopefully she gets pregnant. It's all very technical and I'm telling this story for a purpose.....because she will most likely have multiples, if she has triplets I get to name the 3rd baby!  Yay! If she has more than triplets, every 3rd baby I get to name! Yes siree! We are just that close.  So, I've been thinking of baby names already and looking at baby shower invitations. I am in the zone. Jill is Irish so I'm thinking an Irish first name and a biblical last name. I love to plan me a party! Super excited!  But really though, I'm praying that she gets her wish and all I really want is a healthy baby. And boy does Mandolin need a sibling.  She's almost 4 with a severe case of OCS; only child syndrome. I mean she's worse than I am.  We need to help her. 

I don't think I'm going to apply for the FSOT this go round.  I'm just not prepared and I would rather wait until the Spring to do it so I can study, practice my writing, and be as confident as I can be. I don't want to take the test simply because I need to take the test.  After all, I plan on passing it the 2nd time.

Hurricane Irene. It wasn't as bad as Isobel from a few years ago and I'm so thankful for that.  I was working at the part-time for the weekend and I was soo bored stuck in the apt all weekend. Talk about stir crazy! I didn't lose power where I was, but power was lost at my house, so I moved in with my best friend. It's hard living without electricity. How did Little House on the Prairie ever do it?

The countdown begins on my completing my MBA...6 weeks and counting! This journey has been so long and I've had tunnel vision for longer.  I'm excited for what's coming around the corner. Hopefully the FS is a variable in this equation. 

Up next, Luray Caverns with the family for Labor Day weekend. This includes my mom, me, BFF Jill, BFF's husband, Mandolin, and former BFF Siusan who is currently BFFs with Jill.  I tried to get out of it, but my mom and Jill tag teamed me and guilted me into it. Hopefully they will all survive! Good times, I tell you, good times!

No comments:

Post a Comment