Monday, October 01, 2012

Ummm......

Standing in front of the fax machine with a co-worker..... 

Her:  You're going to Africa soon, right?
Me:  Yes. I leave Jan 18th.
Her:  You must be so excited!
Me:   I am! I've been looking forward to this trip for 2 1/2 years now, and I haven't taken any
        time off work since I came back from Thailand. I'm so ready.
Her:   Where are you going again?
Me:    South Africa, Tanzania, Zanzibar, and London then I'll be in London for 3 1/2 weeks.
Her:   That's so awesome. You know I've always wanted to go to Africa to see tigers.
Me:   *Crickets*
Her:   *a very wide grin with a far away look*
Me:    Tigers?  Africa is the wrong continent for tigers
Her:   *confusion* Really? Are you sure?
Me:   *looks at her like she's a complete idiot*  I'm pretty sure
Her:   Huh. I always thought that tigers were the female version of a lion.
Me:   *Crickets*  Are you serious right now?
Her:   So you're saying tigers are not the female version of lions?
Me:    I can't talk to you anymore.   *walks away*

I really couldn't make this stuff up if I tried....


In other news, I emailed the security clearance people about my case. They told me to check back around mid-October.  The person who responded wasn't very nice about; very curt in fact.  I definitely like the nurses in medical better. 

There really isn't a big rush for me to get clearance at this point. Word on the street is that there will be a January class. I'm not too keen on that because my trip is already paid for. I would rather have a March class but what I want and what DOS wants for me are two totally different things. Besides, my score was so low I may not even get called for January.  I guess I'll just cross that bridge when/if I get to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment