Thursday, April 28, 2011

Stress is NOT my friend and Patience is NOT my virtue

Can I tell you why?  Because this waiting and waiting AND more waiting is making me crazy!  I understand this is the government. When I applied to work at The HOCO police department, it took nearly a year. It was fully equipped with a full on background check where my investigator was lurking around my neighborhood. It took me a little over a year from actual application submission to my first day on the job. It took me a year and a half to get my current job with the State. I KNOW WHAT THIS IS ALL ABOUT!!  Yet, none of that matters to me.  What matters to me is that I have not yet received my OA invite and other have. I really really want to get this invite.  An application does not do me justice. If they could just see me, talk to me, see my passion that I have for this job, they will know that I'm a slam dunk! I am the perfect choice to send to foreign lands to represent the United States and all of our policies. If only......*sigh*  I hope. I will remain positive and steadfast and remember that no news is good news as my investigator told me long ago.  No news is good news! No news is good news! I will repeat it over and over and pray to Jesus that he gives me patience.  In reality, this is only the beginning.  I need to pace myself and reserve some stress for later in the process. 

Besides, I have other things on my plate. I have graduate school. 4 more classes for me!  Can I get a whoootie whooo (Thanks Carla from Top Chef!)!!!  I'm going to Jamaica with some friends from work for a drunken weekend in August. I need it! I deserve it! I've had a full time job, a part-time job, and I've been in school full time since '09.  1-2 classes every 5 weeks. I need to recharge my batteries.  Recharge them I will in the sun, sand, and in the bottom of a glass of rum punch! 

Sidebar:  I am so proud of myself! I successfully exported the old blog into this one all by myself without any help from the "friend" (more on him later).  My new blog is pretty, totally me, and just how I like it.  If you didn't know, I am totally awesome! 

No comments:

Post a Comment