Friday, April 29, 2011

I almost died today

The OMS yahoo group was particularly active this morning about various topics which brightened my morning in the midst of utter chaos.  I don't know why people wait until the last minute to file their taxes when they sell liquor. It boggles my mind! And then they expect to get it the same day. Don't we all wish life was that perfect? Alas, it is not.  These are the very same people who did the very same thing last year. You would think they would've learned this lesson last year.  Alas, they did not.  Insane is not the word for my day. However, it was a great learning experience that I never want to go through again but I will the last week of April 2012. 


Anyhoo, I digress.  So, I reopen my email to check the activity of the group where I see this:

"Qualified not Referred to Selecting Official"

This was sent by HR @ state.gov. Let me tell you what, I almost fell out, curled up into a fetal position and sobbed.  My heart stopped, I froze and in that brief second I thought to myself that I"m a loser and a horrible person and the federal government doesn't want me.  Yep, that is me.  I take a deep breath and click it.  Thank God, I applied for another position as well and I wasn't selected.We can all relax, breathe easy. The crisis has been averted and I did not die from the horror of rejection. No news is good news! And still I wait......

In other news, my new class, Leadership and Ethical something something something started on Sunday, and I can't find my textbook.  It was shipped because I picked it up. I just don't know what I did with it.   I should really work on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment