Monday, September 19, 2011

I am here....again!

Well not really. I know what I want to do with my life; the foreign service.  I think I need a super awesome plan B, should plan A take longer than expected. I have come to the realization that my current job is just not cutting the mustard.  The manager of the entire unit said to me today "Well, why wasn't this taken care of last week!"  While I was screaming at her in my head and say all sorts of not nice language, I calmly replied with "You were on vacation and no one else would approve it".  I've been talking my head trying to get this particular person's situation approved. Why? Because I believe her. In my gut, I believe her. I never believe anyone. Ask anyone. I don't.  I take the position of it's illegal to not pay your taxes. If you don't pay your taxes, you need to be in jail right next to Wesley Snipes.  Go to Jail! Do not pass go and let me take all of your money out of your bank accounts while I'm at it.  That's me! So, if I'm saying I believe her just cut her a little slack that should count for something. Right? Wrong!  I'm just done today!  Moreover, in 6 weeks I will have my MBA. Out of everyone in the office, I am the 4th person in the line of people with advanced degrees.  The first two are lawyers and the next is a CPA and they are all in management positions.  Yet, I have an MBA and is a lowly gopher.   After me about 3 people have their Bachelor's and the rest have HS diplomas. I work in an office of about 95 people. What does that tell you?

It has just been that kind of day. I'm tired of having these days.  So, officially I'm on the search for my super awesome plan B. I won't have a super expensive piece of paper for no reason at all.  It will get something.  I really want to move to London, and not because J lives there.  He's about 40% of the reason.  I've just really wanted to live in Europe ever since my first visit there. My MBA in International Business (see my thought process)will get me there. I just need to figure out how. 

No comments:

Post a Comment