Friday, September 23, 2011

The oral surgeon

We're working on 3 or 4 months now and after me yelling (well not yelling) strongly encouraging in a raised voice to the nurses at my general dentist that they needed to send my referral to my oral surgeon, I got an appt....at 7:30am today. 

Doc: Oooh, you've got massive problems in your mouth. Does it hurt?
Me: (looks at him like he has 3 heads) The whole right side of my hurts all of the time.
Doc: Okay, we're going to get you scheduled so we can get your wisdom teeth out. It's under bone and...nah, you don't want to hear the the gory details.
Me: Uhhh....
Doc: It's okay, we're going to patch you up and be good as new. I'll get you your prescription and I'll be right back
*brings back oxycodone*
Me: Oxycodone?!?  What happened to 1000mg of ibuprofen so I don't end up on Intervention?!?
*laughs hysterically*
Doc: I'm getting ready to hack up your mouth. ibuprofen isn't going to work.
Me: Well okay then.

My surgery is scheduled for Wednesday. I've never had any sort of surgery ever, and I'm at the pre-stages of freaking out.  I think I should get some sort of present for this. *hint hint* *cough, J, cough* I deserve it!

No comments:

Post a Comment