Wednesday, September 07, 2011

Jan 23- Feb 7, 2013

Those are the dates of my next big trip....Africa! J and I will be spending 1 week in Capetown, 1 in the Serengeti on safari, and 1 on the beaches of Zanzibar.   It's totally perfect and J and I are super excited to go to Africa.  He had a bit of a sticker shock at first because it's $$$$$ but really it's 3 vacations in 1 and I simply refuse to sleep on a cot, I need running water, a toilet that flushes... the whole 9.  Officially it's called a luxury tent.  Who knew they existed. I thought we were just going to be in a lodge the whole time and would drive to the places where we would stalk the animals.  Nope. For about 3 out of the 5 days we'll be in tents.  I'm cool with that as long as I have a bed. Call me a travel snob but I don't do camping camping.  A few years ago, my best friends and I went camping with one of my BFFs family. I was all prepared to sleep in a tent but my friend's parents had a pop up camper and it had air. Yes, that's right....AIR CONDITIONING! I stayed in the air.  I also tried to go camping again and I ended up leaving at 2am because I couldn't take it.  I can't help it, I'm a city girl.   I will endure it in Africa because I'll be staying in a tent with a bed and because well...it's Africa! One other fabulous part of the trip is that I'll be able to spend some time in London with J.  I'll be there a few days before we leave for Capetown and about a week after we come back.  Yay! Maybe I'll rent a car. That would be wild!  When I tell people that I'm going to Africa on vacation they look at me with 3 heads.  I forgive them, they go to Jamaica regularly and they call that traveling. 

In other news, it's official. I am not applying to take the October FSWE.  I know I've said that over and over but I only made the decision today.  I need to get through graduate school and this new leadership program has the rest of my attention.  I want to put my best foot forward the next time I take it.  That will also give me time to pass my Microsoft cert for OMS.

My cat is currently climbing up the curtains...I am confused.

No comments:

Post a Comment