Monday, September 12, 2011

Sharing the Day.....

It's so hard sharing the day that changed America and the world forever as my birthday. Yet, it is and I feel guilty.  10 years ago I was getting ready for school and answering the phone every few minutes from a family member or a friend wishing me happy birthday, when I just happened to turn on the tv and I saw a plane flying into a building. 10 years later.  I was at the part-time this weekend and while I'm there I watch a lot of tv.  I watched a special on TLC called "The Heroes of the 88th Floor". Two men died saving 70+ people. They went from floor to floor rescuing people.  In that moment, I realized something that never occurred to me; while we lost so many lives that day, so many more lives were saved because of the brave firefighters, policemen, first responders, and regular people such as those on the  88th floor.

There were hundreds possibly thousands of babies that were born today. Babies are the truest and purest gifts from God and they should be celebrated. They are a sign of hope and the possibility of what can be in.  Everyone born on 09/11/01 and later will never know a world without terrorism but it's up to me and you to always remember, never forget, but to also celebrate life.  With that said...

Happy Birthday to me and everyone born on this day!

No comments:

Post a Comment