Tuesday, May 03, 2011

NyQuil offers up some pretty trippy dreams...

I stayed home from work today because I have a pretty nasty cold plus the allergies are flaring.  I took a couple of swigs of NyQuil (okay 4 rather large swigs) and I slept until 4pm.   Insert crazy dreams here.  My dreams were pretty much a manifestation of my anxiety about the OMS.  One member of the yahoo group emailed and said that she recently didn't pass the OA and that just added another layer of anxiety. 

Dream #1 was about getting the rejection letter in the mail and my subsequent freakout fully equipped with black mascara running down my face.  There were a lot of variations to this dream in terms of how I found out.  It was replaying itself over and over again. Dream #2 was about getting in the letter in the mail that I was invited to the OA. I also received an additional super thick package attached to it but I couldn't open it. As hard as I tried, I couldn't open it.  I don't know what anything of this means, but I'm slowly driving myself crazier I think.  

Another newly minted OMSer said it took her 7months to get an invite so I'm going to hang on to that.   I'm beginning to sound like a broken record, but I really mean it this time.  I just need to have faith that I answered the questions and wrote an awesome essay that highlighted my education, training, and overall awesomeness and the powers that be in the FS will contact me when the time is right....okay, so the control freak/OCD/Virgo type person that I am will not allow me to do that but I am going to try.  However, I will continue to live my life as I normally would so I am going to apply for the fellowship at my job and plan for my trip to Africa next December.

No comments:

Post a Comment