Tuesday, May 24, 2011

There is ALWAYS a silver lining.....

I'm happy to see that everyone made it through the end of the world on Saturday.  The Bible says that we won't know the day or the hour. Sooo, how can someone just say that world is going to end on xx day and then people go and spend their life savings and do crazy stuff.  When the world ends, we will all know instantly.  Can I just make a request though?  Can it end after I've been in a the FS for a few decades and I'm married with children first?  It's just a simple request. Not too much to ask.

I went to the ENT because I still can't hear out of my right ear. The pain is gone but there is a lot of pressure and it sounds like I have a seashell permanently attached to my head.  I'm waiting in the room for the doctor and I'm expecting an old guy. No not an old guy. He's 37 and super seksi! Like SUPER seksi! All in his white lab coat and stuff.  I am admiring! He could tell. I know he could tell! 

I can admit that I'm a tad bit crazy.  I look up my symptoms on webmd and then I snoop while I'm in the doctor's office looking at all of the instruments.  He looks in my ear with the flashlight thing, then up my nose, and down my throat. Yes, I know I have very large tonsils. Then he says he's going to look down the back of my nose.  Okay.... He then proceeds to pull out this long tube thing.  He sprayed some numbing stuff up there first, and then I could feel myself beginning to freak out because seksi man wanted to stick something up my nose.  So I did what any normal person would; I cried.  He thought it was sweet and endearing (warm and fuzzies right ova here!). I got my ear cleaned out from the gooky stuff and low and behold it's still a bit infected.  Round #2 of antibiotics has commenced. 

 I asked him if I was going deaf. He says to me "I don't think so".  What do you mean you don't think so?  He thinks I ruptured my ear drum.  I don't know what that means. I go back in a week for a follow up and hearing test.  As he's writing out my script, he pulls out this super fancy expensive pen that only doctors have.  I told him I liked it and that he should give it to me as a present.  He laughed and let me down gently that he had a wife and it was a present from her.  Damn!  But he smiled those pearly whites at me and gave me a little wink and all was right with the world.  I like my seksi ENT, I think I will keep him.

No comments:

Post a Comment