Thursday, May 19, 2011

OH NO SHE DIDN'T!!!

I'm at my ZUMBA class tonight with Adelicia.  She is the bomb and I feel like we need to be friends.  Her energy is AH-MA-ZING!  I think that's why she's such a fantastic instructor.  I've gone to different ZUMBA classes and when I say that Adelicia is my main teacher, everyone has nothing but praise for her.  That is why is she is the bomb; when other instructors are singing another instructors praises.At the Zumba conventions, she's a presenter teaching other Zumba instructors routines. Not to mention, she's super duper fly! It's an hour of me pretending that I've got long hair that I can whip around and shake my hips like Adelicia does.  And to think, 6 months ago, I was intimidated to go to one of her classes.  In the end, everyone was super friendly and we have so much fun in class whilst getting our sweat on!  Anyway, I've gotten off topic....I digress.

So, we're in class and we start late because she was stuck in traffic on 695. It's understandable. When there are massive thunderstorms, people forget how to drive. She was about 10 minutes late. Naturally, class started late and we ended late.  On Wednesdays, the Charm City Roller girls (Baltimore's Women Roller Derby team) has practice right after Zumba.  We're doing our cool down song and the roller chicks are showing signs of impatience. I'm thinking to myself :

"Chick, I know you think you're super cool and all but please don't do what I think you're about to do." 

Cool Down is literally 2-3 minutes long and it takes 5 minutes to put all of that gear on so I don't know what their problem was.  Do you know they wear butt pads?  Yes, I said it...butt pads!  Any sport that requires a woman to wear butt pads is not a sport I want to watch. Is roller derby a sport or just a hobby? Anyway, so this one chick with awful hair is looking at her phone and giving Adelicia the evil eye.  "Please no! Don't do it" This wench decides to march herself onto the floor to tell Adelicia that we are running into the roller derby time.  OH NO SHE DIDN'T!!!

There were at least 175 women there and about 25 of them stood up from the stretch, raised one eyebrow, and it was a round of:
"Did she just do that?"  
"OH NO SHE DIDN'T"
" She must not know!"
"We may have to have a little conversation about THAT!"  

And that was just in my corner of the room!  I don't know if she knew it or not, but she was about to get cut!  Those women were on the war path!  You see, we love us some Adelicia and it's clear that we are all very protective of her.  So what if you're wearing a helmet and butt pads...nobody likes or watches roller derby any...way!!!!    I'm just saying....

OMS is still silent.  I'm really not putting this time that I have to good use.  I'm too busy worrying about getting in invite and not focusing on what I need to do once I do get the invite...because I will. If I don't, I have my trusty bottle of grey goose on standby. No news is good news!

No comments:

Post a Comment