Friday, June 17, 2011

Mini Me

I can admit it, I'm going through withdrawals.  I miss her.  Mandolin is soooo dramatic. It's almost sickening.   She likes pink and purple; she's extremely girlie. She's venturing into the world of playing in dirt BUT she doesn't like to get dirty.   I'm confused! A few weeks ago her mom and godmother #2 were planting the veggie garden and Mandolin was helping.  She picked up some grass to through it in the trash and there was a worm. She looked at it quizzically, and then the worm touched her.  *Insert deathly scream* She starts running around in circles screaming at the the top of her lungs....

Mandolin: A worm! It's a worm! It tried to bite me! Somebody help me! It's a worm!

She is hysterically crying at this point (Mom and godmother #2 are laughing to the point of crying).....

Mandolin:  I'm going home!

*She stomps up the stairs and starts banging on the door for her daddy*

Mandolin:  Daddy let me in!  PAALLLEEEAASSEEE!!

*Daddy lets her in very concerned (He's such a pushover)*

Time lapse 20 minutes......

*Mandolin comes back outside completely composed*
*She pushes her hair out of her face, gives a deep sigh*

Mandolin:  The worm tried to bite me.  I no longer like dirt!  Hmmmphhh!

And that is my faboush goddaughter, Mandolin Grace.  Although I did not give birth to her, she is my mini me.  She's so completely dramatic, expressive, and super cute. I am the same way.  I don't know if it's because we are both Virgos (her birthday is 9/20 and I'm 9/11) or it's the only child syndrome that we have in common, I would've done the same thing if a worm touched me.   They are creepy crawlies...ewww!!    Not to worry, her other godmother is all about getting dirty, rolling around in the grass, and ruining her clothes.  She will be exposed to both sides. Below are pictures from the birthday party last week.  Don't let the cute fool you though.


This is the 2nd attempt. She was afraid at first and the mustered the courage to try again.  So proud!

She asked the baby goat where its mom was. Deep conversation this was.



After this, she kissed the rabbit.



Life through the eyes of a 3yr old.....

No comments:

Post a Comment