Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Thailand in pictures....The Patara Elephant Farm, Chiang Mai

My day with the elephants was the best day of my life! The only thing on my list that was a must see was riding the elephants.  I didn't want to watch elephants paint or do stupid tricks; it's not natural for an elephant to do that. I was afraid I would get there and be upset that the elephants were being abused or something.  Thank God for google!  I found this website. They are also on YouTube here What Pat is doing to conserve the Thai elephant is amazing! He teaches about conservation by being an elephant owner for a day.  We had our own elephant and we did everything from bathing them, feeding them, and walking them. We even filed their nails! Sticking my hand in an elephants mouth while feeding them is a surreal experience! I am forever attached to Patara as I left a piece of my heart with Pat and his elephants. If you are ever in the Chiang Mai area, please check them out!  

Fun fact #1, elephants purr when they are happy.  Fun fact #2, elephant poo doesn't stink if they are eating the proper things.


My first glimpse of the elephants


She just walked right up and said hello


Our awesome trainers who were so helpful

Drinking from the stream

BF Siusan and her elephant Mehwadee


Lunch was awesome! The fried chicken was AH-MAZ-ING! There were also different kinds of sticky rice. I miss sticky rice!

Had a nose itch


My elephant, Meghabaht

The twin! The only set in all of Thailand

The morning dew rising

Meghabaht and her trainer.


The mountains, the rice fields, and the elephants.  That is Thailand!




5 seconds before this, he put his trunk in my face and emptied it.

No comments:

Post a Comment