Wednesday, June 01, 2011

There is a mushroom in my ear

Seksi ENT: (Looks in my ear)
Seksi ENT: Your ear is a mess.
Me:  Wah?
Seksi ENT:  Well, the antibiotics that I gave you killed the bacteria but it seems as though the fungus ate said dead bacteria and now you have a fungal infection.
Me: You mean I have a mushroom in my ear?
Seksi ENT:  That is a correct (as he tries in vain to stifle his hysterical laughter)

He then goes onto say how my eardrum is inside itself but my hearing test was relatively normal but I am experiencing some hearing loss. The great thing is that it has not affected my ear drum or the inner ear. So it's most likely the middle ear.  Pause....

Me: So, I have athlete's foot in my ear, then? And I'm not going deaf? And all of this happened because I got a cold in April? (Insert freak out here)  Well what if you can't fix it and then I can't get into the foreign service because I can't pass my medical clearance because of my ear?  I'm going to be drunk and under a table, with a bad ear, and my life will be in ruins. 
Seksi ENT: Relax, it's curable. You're trying to get into the foreign service?
Me:  I'm trying, but I don't think they will let you in with a mushroom in your ear.
Seksi ENT: More hysterical laughter.

He thinks I'm funny (possibly a little crazy), I think he's super seksi. It's a fair trade off.

In other news, after my ear visit,  I went to the DMV for my mom to renew her car registration.  I couldn't just renew, I had to pay her speeding tickets before I could renew. Hundreds of dollars that cost.  In Maryland, we have speed cameras. They catch you, they mail you a ticket, and then you have to pay it. It is a non-negotiable. There is this 1 road that my mom drives to get home from work and they always catch her.   Funny though, when I'm in the car with her she drives at a snails pace. It drives me insane.  She does it on purpose. She's like that.

The DMV is great people watching. No really, it is. The hour and half I spent waiting was funfreakingtastic, and it was all because of the faboush people there! A word to the wise though (although I think this is pretty much common sense. However, you have to consider the source) if you're going to be in a government building, standing near a state trooper, and scream at the top of your lungs that they need to hurry up or else you "will go Bin Laden on some people", please be prepared to be detained/arrested by said state trooper who is in your vacinity due to the terrorist threat you just made.  I'm just saying....

OMS update:  Nada, zilch, zippo, none, niente.
FSWE:  Will take it again in October.
MBA update:  It's summer session at AIU so we get a week break after every class. I'm so happy not to have school this week. 4 classes left and counting...

No comments:

Post a Comment